Friday, November 4, 2011

Being Thankful

Being thankful is not a hard thing to be,
Because God has set me free,
Free from the chains of my past,
Free with a joy that will forever last.

I was such a mess at the start,
Not so much now as I let Him heal my heart.
I carried a heavy burden from my sin and shame,
Made even heavier from my grief and pain.

I wandered in darkness, confused and lost.
Somebody’s prayers helped me find the cross.
How I wept as I lay on my face,
Sorrowful at what I was, but amazed at God’s grace.

I don’t know how He could love someone like me.
I don’t understand His willingness to give His mercy
To someone full of rebellion and pride,
Failing miserably at running my own life.

But God loves me, and I walk in His grace and mercy.
God loves me, and is guiding me to victory.
So while I’m on this earth, and when I get to heaven,
I’ll do my absolute best to praise and thank Him, again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment