Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Didn't Talk to God Today

I didn't read my Bible today,
And I didn't bother to stop and pray.
Now I strongly feel I've gone astray,
Because I didn't talk to God today.

Everything seems to be going wrong.
I haven't even sung any songs.
No matter where I go, I don't belong,
All because I didn't talk to God today.

My face is closed into a frown.
Instead of up, my eyes keep going down.
My feet are no longer firmly on the ground,
Just because I didn't talk to God today.

Oh, Lord, for my failure, I repent,
For I know you are the one God sent,
And that to the cross you went
So I could talk to God today.

Thank you, Jesus, for setting me free.
Thank you for easing my misery.
Thank you for helping me to see
That I really need to talk to God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment