Sunday, January 30, 2011

Repentance

When I'm on the wrong road,
And I don't know which way to go,
I need to turn myself around
So I can be planted on solid ground.

When I turn around and repent,
It isn't too late, for God will relent
And take me back into His arms
To keep me safe from harm.

When I turn from the things I've done,
When I turn and follow God's Son,
I gain supernatural sight
To see God's glorious light.

I'm not a clump of dirt or sod,
I'm a child of the living God,
And I have nothing to fear any day
As long as I walk on the path of God's way.

Jesus doesn't enter my heart by force,
But God's commandments will be enforced
Because they were carved onto my heart
When my life was given a new start.

So when I wind up on the wrong road,
There is one thing I absolutely know -
I must repent and turn my life around
So I can be planted on God's solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment