Monday, July 12, 2010

The Mending Heart

As I take these clothes apart
So I can make necessary repairs,
I think about my broken heart
And about how people used to stare.

I wear my heart on my sleeve
Where everyone sees what's going on.
They've seen me broken beyond belief,
And they see me since I met God's son.

I was really quite a mess,
Had trouble holding myself together.
From childhood on were nothing but major tests
That I failed miserably until I met my big brother.

Most clothes I can mend,
But some are too ripped and torn.
Those are the ones I send
To the trash because they're too worn.

I'm so glad God could see
Something good under all my trash.
I'm so glad He finds me worthy
To hold me close and fast.

I'm glad He can heal my heart.
I'm happy He can mend my soul.
I'm so glad He gave me a fresh start,
And that I'm on my way to becoming whole.

As I look at the clothes I mend,
And make some of them like new,
I'm glad God thought it worthwhile to send
His son Jesus, to save not just me, but also you!

No comments:

Post a Comment