Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rainy Day

It's been raining a lot lately, and today is another rainy one. At least it stayed clear enough for James to get in a full shift at the pool, where he's a lifeguard.

I'm learning to hold my tongue. James is thinking maybe he doesn't want to go to school in Canada after all. On one hand, I've already paid out a lot of money for him to go there. On the other hand, if the school in North Dakota accepts his final transcripts, he gets a better financial package. AND he'll be able to get to the Twin Cities easier than from Canada. I'm being quiet, answering questions when he asks, and letting him make the choice. Can't push this one on him. I have to let him grow up and make his own decisions. This is what I've been trying to do all those years, right?

Robin has an interview for a full time job Thursday. I hope it's something she wants and that she gets it if it is. Ironic that the kids can get jobs, but I can't. I'm tired of filling out applications. At least I've been starting to get interviews. Have two more to apply for by Friday, and think I'll check out a factory one too. Just gotta have faith that God will put the right one in my face and that I'll know it. It just might be that I'm supposed to wait until after I take James to school, wherever he's going, so I don't have to take time off right away too. Who knows. I certainly don't any more.

Enough for now. Have to work on the "never ending quilt". It's getting closer to being finished, though...finally! I remember why I don't quilt, it takes too long! Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment