Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bible Study

Last night was a good bible study at church. And exciting news for me as well. I get to read some of my poetry at the Veteran's Day celebration on November 6. Yippee!! What an honor to get to recognize all our vets so publicly. Thank you, Lord. Use me as you will.

So last night I did something new...I wrote three liners instead of a long poem. Very interesting. I know they came from God, because I usually don't write like this.

The receipt
Of deceipt
Led to death.

Staying in the light
Gives us life
And takes us to God.

Isn't it odd
We forget that God
Is the final judge?

Why do we rant and rail
When we fail
To follow God's path?

We suffer from rejection
Because of the deception
Of the lies we believe.

Even when life is hard
And we have a broken heart,
God is worthy to be praised.

If our flesh we do satiate,
How can we radiate
With the glory of God.

When we allow the intrusion
Of any delusions,
We will surely die.

When we diverse,
And forget to reverse,
We fall away from God.

Let me know what you think of this style. It's new for me, but I kind of like it. Brief and to the point. Something I can put on a calendar, or my computer, to remind me where to keep my focus. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment