Friday, October 15, 2010

A Beautiful Day

The sun was shining today, and it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. Then rain next week. I had a wonderful day at work. Between answering the phone and helping the customers who came in, I figured out a crochet pattern, and made a dozen bell ornaments for the upcoming craft show. Until I finish the never-ending quilt, which is almost ready for the binding, and the Halloween afghan, and all the mending I've been doing, I am rarely just sitting.

BUT, I've been thinking about a title for the next book (not the one being edited right now-that's called From Trouble to Joy). Thinking about cups. Maybe I should just write a bunch more about cups. Already have three poems. I think I could come up with enough to fill a chapbook with 31 poems. Might take a little time, though. :)

Is my cup half full or is it half empty?
Are there dregs on the bottom,
Or is it clear as can be?

Good start, I think. Think I'll go write. Good way to unwind.

Got a letter from the MRI people today. Recommends another mammogram in six months to check an area that they believe is probably benign. What do they know? I am healed. I am trusting the Lord in this. I refuse to worry about it, and I will stay healthy. I'm so much better since I moved here. I have less stress, I'm getting rid of weight, I'm eating better, and I'm happy. What more can we ask for? God is taking care of me. I am absolutely fine, and no person is going to tell me otherwise.

Enough for now. Gotta go write about cups being half full. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment