Monday, October 25, 2010

Nightmares and Never Ending Love

I wrote Never Ending Love today. I had a really bad night, woke up fighting. I felt like I'd been battling all night, and today I am so tired. I thought I was finished with these kind of nightmares, but I guess I was wrong. Problem is, I don't know what triggered it. Oh well, keep God in my sight, and keep moving forward. Remember who really loves me. Remember who protects me, who knows what path I'm on and where I'm going. Because today I have no idea what is in store for me. I know the dreams, but see no way of attaining them. I know the path full of light, which is where I always need to stay because it's where I am safe. I sure don't want to get off now, after all I've gone through and how far I've come. Because I can look at myself now, and see a wonderful person, not the poor thing I used to be. I am so richly blessed, and I know it. I never want to take it for granted.

Here is some of what I remember speaking after church last night:

I was in the valley of death
And I was afraid.
There were dry bones all around me,
And I was afraid.
There were shackles on my ankles and wrists,
And I was afraid.
There were chains on my neck,
And I was terrified.
I was sinking deeper into the muck and mud,
And I was terrified.
"Oh God!" I cried.
"There must be something more!
I cannot do this! If you are there, there must be something more!"
God heard my cry.
He reached down and touched me.
He reached down and breathed life into me.
The shackles and chains broke.
I rose out of the mud.
Now I fly with the eagles in the skies.
I soar over the clouds towards heaven.
I am free, free, FREE!
Rejoice.
The valley of death no longer holds fear.
Fear has fled before God,
And I am free.

I think there's more, but right now I'm too tired to think of it. I feel like I'm a mess, and I really need to hang on as tight as I can, and curl up in the Father's lap and feel His love, and the safety only He can give. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment