Monday, October 25, 2010

Never Ending Love

I was lying in my bed,
Thoughts of sleep going through my head.
I woke suddenly to find
Terrible dreams in my mind.
Dreams of me as a child.
Dreams of those tests and trials.
Dreams of innocence lost.
Dreams of the horrible cost
Of a child who got used
In many forms of abuse.
I dreamed he was next to me
And no one was willing to see
How he threatened her with harm
And destroyed his child’s heart.
I dreamed of how she tried to fight.
How she stayed away from the dark and in the light.
How she tried to never be alone when he was around.
How she would sleep outside on the ground.
How she tried to be hard to find.
I dreamed of how people were not kind
When the truth became known.
Of how her mother groaned
And was torn between belief and disbelief
And could offer no relief
To her child who was all alone
And was removed from her home.
I dreamed he was in the bed
And my whole being filled with dread.
My eyes flew open and I awoke.
I looked and looked, but no one spoke.
I realized this time it was only a dream
And I wonder what it could mean.
I thought I had dealt with this issue.
The wounds had healed, leaving scar tissue.
Once more I must learn to cope.
Once more I must remember where I have hope.
I must remember Jesus really loves me.
I must search for his face until I see
The love God has for me is all-encompassing
And His heart beats with a song I can sing.
The song of never-ending love,
Never-ending love from my Father above.

No comments:

Post a Comment