Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A New Day

Today was a new day. I went to bed early last night, and woke up early today. I felt good, and got to work right away. Good thing, because between 6 and 9 a.m. is when I accomplished almost all the work I did today. Tonight I made someone's costume for work. It's done except the finishing touches she's planning to put on it. So much work for something she'll wear only once. Oh well.

Robin was ambitious and cooked lunch and dinner today. Ken called yesterday; we're having Thanksgiving on Saturday at Bob's church. Only have to give a donation for using it. It's nice they let us come in. That reminds me, I have to let Cindy know, and I'm going to tell Becky too so they can come if they can make it. I hope I can save enough money for us to go. No money from Robin, she's still working only part time. And I have to get enough money for the holidays to get Stephanie and James home, and back to school. And have enough for me to go for my check up for the heart study when I take them back that first week in January. All I can do is walk in faith that what is needed will be there, and keep on working for it. Because I believe God helps those who do the work and don't sit back and wait for the blessings. Faith is like a muscle, it needs to be exercised to get stronger.

The jeep died again. I got the new battery, it ran for three days, and died again. So I think it really does need an alternator. John said he would rebuild it for me, so I'll have to talk to him. Another month to save up enough for that. Another month of walking home from work. That means my clothes will continue to get too big! I don't mind that at all.

Now I'm tired, so emails to Cindy and Becky, and off to bed I go. Happy dreams tonight, I think. And I'll wake up singing a new song, ready to start another new day. Isn't it wonderful we have new days to write the pages of our life in? I'm glad I get all those new days, with new mercy and new grace. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment