Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thoughts

When I'm crocheting or knitting and not having to count, I'm thinking....about what needs to be done, what's for the next meal, where is the money going to come from to visit mom, to bring the kids home for winter break. But I think a whole lot more about God, and how blessed I am. And I pray while I'm working...for specific people, for people in general, for/about lots of things. And I pray that whatever I'm working on will bless the person who receives it. I talk to God a lot. And something changed not long after I moved here. When I'm working on something, and thinking my way through it, instead of "I'll do it this way", it's "we'll do it this way". It isn't just me! It's the holy spirit helping me, guiding me. I am so grateful for this, because I sometimes think that car accident did more damage than everyone thought, and I know if God hadn't had His hand in my healing, I would not be able to function as a "normal" person today. I still have trouble with my balance sometimes, especially when I'm tired. And I know I know something, but the answer will not come, again especially when I'm tired. That isn't just age, or being too busy, or trying to remember too much. Something happened that changed me, even though people don't notice it.

Anyway, yesterday I had some down time at work, and while I was thinking about life in general, and about God specifically, I realized this:

I believe my destiny
Is not to live in misery,
But to spend eternity
Worshipping my Lord and King!

Eternity includes the here and now. It includes this present moment, because I can't have the moment that just flew by back. I have to function in this present moment, I have to worship God in this present moment, I have to live in this present moment. I can remember the past, I can dream about the future, but I live in this present moment. So I want to make the most of this present moment right now. I don't like going back to the past, and I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do know what is going on right now, in this present moment, and I have the burning desire to make the most of it.

So I am living in this present moment, healthy or not, whether I am working or resting, writing, sewing, knitting, reading or whatever I am doing, to the best of my ability.

So these are my thoughts as I start out this morning. I will not be miserable, I will be joyful. I will not be lukewarm, I will be on fire. I will be grateful for what and who I am. I will worship the Lord with all my might, all my heart, all my soul, and all my ability, because God gave me that ability to do so and I do not want to waste it. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me so much. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment